Thursday, January 20, 2011

Onion Thyme Focaccia Bread

This was another recipe from my Cooking Light Cookbook. It took a while from start to finish but was a very simple recipe overall. You can read the full details here. I followed it pretty closely. My only changes were halving the quantities, and mixing it with a wooden spoon. I don't own a stand mixer, but it only took about 2 min for it to come together by hand. And I made two substitutions in the toppings based on what I had in the fridge/pantry. I used standard yellow onion and a couple pinches of dried thyme instead of the fresh rosemary. Since I halved the recipe, I put it in the middle of the cookie sheet and didn't stretch it to the edges.
Super crispy crust. I liked the texture and the flavor alot. I'd love to try it with the red onion and rosemary. I will definitely make this again.

The sponge in the fridge for its overnight chill.

Assembled focaccia before baking.

Fresh out of the oven. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment